Thank you for your interest in a Corner Post Company LLC (CPC) property. Below, you will find the instructions and criteria required for applying for a property managed by CPC. It is important that you read the information below prior to making application to understand what is required for renting the property. It is disclosed that Corner Post Company LLC has a written brokerage relationship with the Owner of the property to act on the Owner’s behalf with the respect to the leasing and/or management of the rental property. If you have further questions, contact CPC at (505) 265-1241.
General Application Requirements
- Separate applications: it is a requirement that each applicant fill out a separate application, and is 18 years of age or older.
- Complete applications: it is required that applicants complete the entire application on both sides. Failure to supply information can mean denial of the application.
- Signed applications: CPC accepts only signed applications.
- Cosigners: if a co-signer is required, the person applying as a co-signer must complete a co-signer application. Ask a CPC representative for this form if needed.
- Caregivers: if any tenant residing in the property requires a caregiver, the caregiver must also be 18 years or older, fill out an application, and sign a caregiver agreement prior to occupancy.
- Reasonable accommodations: if the applicant or any persons on the application require reasonable accommodations because of a handicap, the applicant must supply proof of the disability with the application. Applicants must submit a CPC Request for Reasonable Accommodations with the application.
- Support animal: if any tenant or resident requires the assistance of a support animal, it must be disclosed on the application and the tenant must supply documentation proving the animal is a legitimate support animal.
- Application selection: CPC processes applications after receipt. When there is more than one application pending for the same property, the first qualified application with a deposit shall have priority.
- Verifiable identification: When making application, applicants must furnish verifiable photo identification such as driver’s license, military ID, state ID, or passport. Identification from merchant stores is not acceptable.
- Application submission: Apply online through our website, or deliver applications to Corner Post Company, 4200 Silver Ave SE, Ste. D, Albuquerque, NM 87108.
The Application/Processing Fee
- A $25.00 application fee is required per application without exception, and is non-refundable.
- A $25.00 application fee for co-signers is required as well, and is non-refundable.
- This fee is to cover the costs incurred while processing the application.
- The general criteria for all applications are good income, credit, and tenant history or ownership, of all applicants, proving the ability to support the rental income and care for the property. Negative findings on one or more of the three areas can cause denial of an application; false documentation is immediate grounds for denial of an application.
- Total gross monthly income of Single and Married applicants must be equal to, or more than, three times the amount of the rent. Married couples and related residents over 18 may combine income. Roommates: Two or more non-related persons should each have a gross monthly income of at least two times the monthly rent. If income is below rental amount guidelines, a qualified co-signer may be obtained. Co-signer must make 4 times the amount of rent. They must live in New Mexico and have good credit.
- All applicants are required to supply reasonable, reliable, and legal documentation on all income; all documentation on income is required in a timely manner.
- Examples of income are employee records, income tax records, social security documentation, monthly stipends, trust funds, and other sources that will reflect the ability to make monthly rental payments.
- CPC must be able to verify all income sources, and reserves the right to disqualify applicants for failure to prove income, supply adequate documentation, or prove the ability to support rental payments.
- CPC obtains a credit report for all applicants, and does not accept copies of credit reports from applicants, no exceptions. There are three credit categories on our credit reports; Accept, Conditional and Denied.
- If a credit report comes back as Conditional, the applicant must pay a total deposit equal to 1-month’s rent.
- CPC accepts discharged bankruptcies, if the prospective tenant has re-established good credit.
- Credit reports that come back Denied, will be grounds for denial of an application. Applications with no SSN, a false SSN or that show misuse of a SSN will be denied.
- Credit reports that come back with collections from an apartment or rental home will be denied, unless the applicant can verify full payment of the collection.
Rental History or Property Ownership
- CPC requires a minimum of two (2) years of rental history, and/or homeownership, unless a co-signer is accepted, or there are mitigating circumstances that can be proven.
- All references must be verifiable, free of eviction and unpaid rents, and family references are not accepted.
- Negative references can be grounds for denial of an application.
- Applicants may be denied because of their criminal history. It is the responsibility of the applicant to inquire from CPC about the criminal policy of the property that they are applying for.
Acceptance / Denial
- CPC notifies applicants of acceptance or denial within 1-3 business days of application, unless CPC cannot complete verifications. If more documentation is required, CPC will notify the applicant.
- If accepted, applicants are required to follow requirements outlined on the CPC Rental Application for completion of renting.
- All applicants applying together must qualify; denial of one applicant results in the denial of all applicants.
- Giving false information is automatic grounds for denial.
Responsibility of Applicant
- It is the responsibility of the applicant, to inquire from CPC, about any information on the application that they do not understand.
- If notified, it is the responsibility of the applicant, to accept the offer to rent by submitting a holding and/or security deposit and signing a lease.